Ain’t Life Peachy?

Hi folks, I’m here to tell you that I love life!  The ups, the downs, and the in- betweens.

Nothing brings me more joy than the start of a new day.

I especially love this bountiful time of year called the ‘harvest’.

There’s nothing quite like a delicious tomato plucked right from the vine. Whether you are eating them plain, made into a BLT, or a Caprese salad.  Yum is the word!

Last week I stopped at a local fruit stand just down the road from my house and bought a box of ‘Picked Fresh Today’ peaches.

My, oh my have they ever been so sweet!  Hubby and I have been eating them straight up as well as on ice cream.    Over the weekend I decided that I wanted to make a peach pie.  My friend, Joyce had given me a new recipe and I was dying to try it.

Peach Pie

Best peach pie ever!

This morning I set a table for tea.  Just a small table, for only me.

IMG_7816 

Not only peach pie, but yummy peach tea.  The teapot is not old, a $6.99 find at Ross.

IMG_7819

I went out into the garden to find some flowers.  They’ll make the table just right and start my day sunny and bright. My sweet frog dish was a 50 cent yard sale snag.

IMG_7826

I bought the mercury glass cake stand for $7.99.  The cloche I picked up at a décor shop.  I was up in the clearance room which was 75% when one of the employees brought it up.  It was marked $67.99 (can you imagine?)  No way, but at around $16 I’ll take it.  The flower tea cup and saucer were given to me by my friend, Jill.

IMG_7822

Life’s too short.  I say eat dessert for breakfast!  Maybe not every day, but every now and then how can it hurt?  Ha-ha, today is only Tuesday and I’ve had it for breakfast twice already this week. 

See that yummy cream cheese layer?

IMG_7817

I know, I know, you’ve been thinking, “Is she ever going to give us the recipe?”

Well, here it is.

Peach Pie

2 baked and cooled pie shells, 1 8 oz. cream cheese, 1 c. powdered sugar, 9 lg. peaches (skins removed), 1 c. sugar, 4 Tbs. cornstarch, 1/2 c. warm water, 1/2 tsp. almond extract, 2 Tbs. butter, whipped cream.

Puree 1/2 of the peaches and place in sauce pan with 1 c. sugar. (I just mashed them).  Bring to a boil.

Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into pureed peaches.  Stir & cook till thick and clear.  (Really couldn’t see the clear thing).  Remove from heat.

Add almond extract and butter.  Cool.

Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Spread into bottom of baked pie crusts.

Slice remaining peaches and place on top.  Pour pureed mixture over peaches.

Top with whipped cream.  I added sugar, van, and a tad of almond extract to cream.

I hope you enjoy it.  If you ask me, this pie is just peachy!

IMG_7824

I hope your breakfast was a sweet as mine!

Hugs,

Jann

I want to take a moment to thank a couple of people for featuring me this past week.  Holly from Circle Creations featured my Fall Quilt and Tammy from One More Time featured my lampshade.  Thanks so much ladies!  I truly appreciate it.

I will be sharing this post with:

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday

Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday

All Star Block Party

Made in a Day for Made U Look

My Turn for Freedom Fridays

31 comments

Artsy VaVa said...

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious! I made some Peach Bellini Jam this year and it is heavenly!

Ky said...

mmm... the first meal I want when we get home is BLTs!! CRAVING IT RIGHT NOW!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

The recipe looks divine in the "flesh!" Perhaps we can try that when we go home to the States next week!

Hugs!
Kelley of Kelley Highway

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

The recipe sounds delicious! I would have loved some for breakfast. :0)

NanaDiana said...

Well, aren't you just bubbling over with joy today? Love it! I love fresh peaches...however, I only like them fresh- not canned or any other way. Isn't that weird? I think it is the texture that I don't like once they are cooked. That pie though- oh my- that DOES look good! Hope you have a great day- xo Diana

Melanie said...

Jann, I see that you used cream cheese, then you had a serving of dairy, and the peaches, well you had some fruit too! After all dairy and fruit are both good for you!!! The pie looks so very good!!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty table setting for one. That pie sounds and looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Linda W. said...

Yep, I always say, life is short eat dessert first!

It's peach season here too. Yummy, yummy!

Barbara F. said...

I love having a "tea for me" day, long overdue. I enjoy peach pie, this recipe sounds delish! xo

The Farmers Daughter said...

Well, you got my attention! That pie sounds "heavenly"--I love peach anything! Wish I could be there for your tea. . .

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Jann,
Your pie sounds wonderful! I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever having dessert for breakfast. My waistline probably wouldn't welcome it though. In any case, like you said, life is too short! Love the teapot and your teacup is darling! Love the ruffled runner on your table too. Thank you for joining me for tea today and boy, could I go for fresh tomatoes right now!

Blessings,
Sandi

21 Wits said...

It sure is! especially when there is real pie involved too!...and peach at that!

Chenille Cottage said...

Ahhhhh.......Just look at those juicy peaches...and, what better way than in a glorious cream pie!
Smiles,
Carolynn xo

Mary said...

Peaches are peachy...I love this time of year for peaches...the pie looks super.

Terri said...

O.k. I am drooling over your peachy pie! Yum! Your tea vignette is lovely with your white tea pot and petal flower cups. Thanks so much for sharing tea with us today.
Hugs,
Terri

Gina said...

Your pie looks so yummy! I love that sweet flower tea cup!

Full Circle Creations said...

So yummy! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

Holly

And thanks for the shout out..your quilt was beautiful and HAD to be featured!

Rose L said...

What a nice idea. Sometimes you need to spoil yourself!!

Kate said...

oh how yummy Jann
Cant wait to see you on Thursday

xoxo
Kate

Unknown said...

That recipe looks absolutely DELICIOUS! :D And your setting looks wonderful! :)

Hugs,

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my peach tea and pie, doesn't get better than that. Love your tablesetting too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Adorned From Above said...

Wow!!! Beautiful pictures and a great recipe. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/tangerine-toner-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Nicole Blean said...

Looks yummy and so cute with the tea setting. Can I come over and have breakfast next time?!

Candy said...

Dessert first?? Love that idea. I've got to try that recipe. I can just taste it with coffee first thing in the morning. Ummmm.
Thanks for the recipe and thanks for featuring my "From the Ashes" post. YOU MADE MY DAY.

Anonymous said...

That certainly does look delicious! I have never heard of peach tea.... It must've been good. Thanks for sharing your special desert, I can just taste it in my mouth!




Ciao Bella
Sensible Sarah

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

RIGHT before I turn into my office park is a deli and sometimes I stop in there and buy yesterdays pie slice for breakfast...Yes Dessert For Breakfast works :)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow that peach pie does look great! I have some peaches I'm preparing to bake up today!

andrea@townandprairie said...

What a fabulous pie! I love pie, just last week I asked my hubs to make a special run and get me one from the store because I 'needed' it. Mine was chocolate, we all shared it.

andrea@townandprairie said...

What a fabulous pie! I love pie, just last week I asked my hubs to make a special run and get me one from the store because I 'needed' it. Mine was chocolate, we all shared it.

Adrienne said...

This is a fun post~ I should take the time to have my own tea parties more often! Thanks for sharing! =)

Adorned From Above said...

Beautiful Table setting, and I love your peach pie recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
Hope to see you there.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Instagram