Come Play With Me!

How many of you are familiar with the song “Playmate”? I use to love it when I was young.

 

Here’s is the first verse:

Playmate come out and play with me, and bring your dolly’s three,

climb up my apple tree;

slide down my rain barrel, slide down my cellar door;

and we’ll be jolly friends forever more! 

 

At our previous home we had a darling playhouse.  It was actually a small pioneer home turned playhouse.

These pictures are from a scrapbook I made in ‘1998’.  The year we brought the building in.  They are not the best, but it gives you an idea of what it looked like.  It had changed so much when we moved in ‘2009’.  Lot’s of trees around it now.

IMG_7806

I decorated the inside décor with a bit of Mary Englebreit charm.  I white washed the walls and Kylee helped me stencil fruit.  It was furnished with vintage and thrift finds that I collected for years.  The cupboard was built by my FIL for my oldest daughter, Nichole. Hankies hung from one of the windows on a clothesline.

IMG_7807

My sister gave me the mini couch and I had it recovered.  Hubby built the clothesline, complete with crows. A wash tub hung on the side for those laundry day chores.

IMG_7808

Vintage tins were planted with Violas and child sized toys found homage just outside the door.

IMG_7809

When we moved I was sad to leave it behind. Luckily, my youngest son bought our home.  He has two boys, but someday maybe a girl will have as much fun as Kylee did.  Really, though even my grandsons loved playing in it. My friend, Diana always wished that she could find an old building to make a playhouse for her back yard.

As luck would have it that day came about 7 years ago. It was going to be demolished so they gave it to her.

She has been working on it a little each year.  Last week the darling was finished.  And I do mean darling!

We saw the shutter idea on a cute store in S.L.C.  We sketched them on a piece of paper hoping to make them some day.  (yes, planning on a new outbuilding here soon)

IMG_7665

Let’s step inside!

Is this not darling or what?  she found the chairs at Ross.  The table was a thrift find she repainted.

IMG_7666

If you came to play we could have a spot of tea.  A special doily has been placed on the chair just for you!

IMG_7667

Don’t fret if you can’t find anything to wear, there are lots of fancy shoes for us to share!

IMG_7674

IMG_7668

My dolly would love to play with yours!

IMG_7670

Diana and I use to be partners in a business where we taught Tole painting lessons.  I love that she hung some of the plates that she painted years ago.

IMG_7673

IMG_7672

IMG_7669

IMG_7677

Doesn’t this make you wish you were a kid again?

IMG_7675

More cute décor outside.  Don’t you love the red window made door?

IMG_7680

IMG_7682IMG_7678IMG_7679

Now that you’ve met this little darling, meet the creative genius behind it.  My friend, Diana. 

IMG_7681

Diana is really a multi talented gal.  She did a lot of the work on the playhouse herself.  Including sheet rocking the entire inside.

She’s one handy girl to call friend!

I must admit, a bit of jealousy going on over here at Mrs. Olson’s!  lol!

Hugs,

Jann

Sharing with:

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Cowgirl Up Link Party

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

It's a Very Cherry World for Rednesday

55 comments

Maureen Wyatt said...

What an adorable place for kids to play! This must have been so much fun to put together. ~ Maureen

Old Time Cindy said...

I do know that song. Brings back some memories. And cute, cute little building!!!

Diane Writes said...

Wow! I love this Jann. You have awaken the kid at heart in me. I so love every little piece around.

wishing you a beautiful sunday!

Olive said...

Jann, it is charming. I love your original red checked sofa the best. Visiting from simple Sunday's, Olive

Leslie said...

So gorgeous! A friend who can lay sheet-rock is a friend to have!!! : )
Have a great new week.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The playhouses were adorable! The decor was so fun!

priscilla said...

Love both playhouses ! All the details in both , and the yards around them ! Love the clothesline with the crows ! I had a playhouse too , but it was nothing like these!

Anonymous said...

My mom used to sing that song to us kids all the time!! Love the playhouses.....such creativity and what fun to play in I am sure!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How adorable. When we were little we all wanted a playhouse...I think I used my Dads metal shed.

Now I have one in my backyard too, although it is my gardening playhouse full of my vintage garden items...but someday when I am gone maybe some little girl will use it as a playhouse.

corners of my life said...

You are right it is adorable.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I JUST regressed to being about 6 years old and want to play there! :)

Anonymous said...

Both places look darling! Gives me lots of ideas! ♥

Denise said...

Lovely!Reminds Me of My playhouse My Dad built us as children.Such talent to decorate it so charming.Denise

Peg said...

My mom use to sing that song to me. Brings back so many memories. I have always loved your play house and my daughter was a friend of Kylee's, so she was lucky enough to get to play in it. She has fun memories. Diana has been a busy lady, love her play house! We should plan a play date for us old ladies and just make sure everything is in working order. Lets do a tea party! Oh, I love my very talented girlfriends!

My Little Home and Garden said...

I would have gone crazy for that playhouse as a little girl!

NanaDiana said...

Jann- That is just darling! She did a wonderful job on it. Your playhouse was pretty special, too. What fond memories you must have of it. We have one for our granddaughters, too. It makes me smile every time I look at it. xo Diana

Diana LaMarre said...

What lucky children to have those play houses.

I remember that song. Now I will be singing it all day. :)

Denise said...

Hi Jann,

This is the cutest playhouse I've EVER seen!!! It's just charming; and yes, it does make me wish I was a kid again. :) Your friend is very talented, and her garden is lovely. I'm so glad you shared this with us!

Visiting from Sunny Simple Sundays; have a wonderful week.

Denise at Forest Manor

The Farmers Daughter said...

Both playhouses are adorable! So cute and fun! You're both very talented women!

Linda W. said...

Wow, what a cool playhouse! I want to be a kid again.

Susan Freeman said...

What a magical and charming playhouse. I would be thrilled to have one like it in my own backyard!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Ruby and Arthur said...

This playhouse is so sweet--love the high heels in their own cabinet! Cute, cute, Jean

Rose L said...

So adorable! if I become homeless, I can just move right in!!! LOL

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Adorable ! Your friend has created a real beauty. Would loved to have had something like that when growing up.

Cheryl said...

Both of those play houses are so charming. My, my, my.....now I want one lol
big hugs,
Cheryl

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Seriously. Your friend, Diana, has it figured out though. You become a kid again when you take on a project like this and get to sort of relive those times. The whole thing is just darling right down to the thought of the pergola on the side. Wow. Such talent! Thanks for sharing it. And thanks for your kind words at my blog today!
Liz

Chenille Cottage said...

Dear sweet Jann,
What wonderful "granddoll" houses..both, yours and your friend, Diana's. I can only imagine the giggling and joy that took place when they were completed. I'm happy yours stayed in your family...and that you didn't have to say good bye to it.
How I love that red window paned door!
I hope you have wonderful week, my friend!
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

bj said...

total love, here. This is just adorable.

Melanie said...

Makes me wish that I was a child! How adorable, that is a little girls dream come true!!

Fran said...

That is the most adorable playhouse I have ever seen! Diana is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing!

Bernideen said...

This is every little girls dream come true - wonderful!

Nicole said...

That is way too cute! I'm pinning it for sure!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Darling beyond words, a dream come true for little girls and big girls alike! LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

HI Jann - this is the most amazing play house I have EVAH seen!!!
Gorgeous - lucky kids!
Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back when you have a minute!

Elegant Economies said...

Feeling a bit green w/ envy, too! Those shutters! LOVE them!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

I just singing, "Say, Say Oh Playmate!" to a 2.5 year old who is in Manila for a couple months with her family! She was sitting on my lap in the car (no car seat laws here) and was enthralled with that song.

Probably just jetlag! HAHAHA!

DARLING x 18 playhouse, girl! Jealousy? HA! I've got it BAD!

Tami Von Zalez said...

YES! I want to be a kid again and play in that playhouse. I also remember the playmate song (thanks for the reminder).

Popped in from Gonna Love It.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That house is SO cute! I would love one day to have a playhouse for my kiddos...

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

I am seriously envious! Both playhouses are just charming and my dolly would indeed like to come and play with yours.

Debra

Donna said...

What a darling playhouse. She did a wonderful job. Love everything she did. Yours was cute, too.
Thanks for showing us!
D

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O My!!
What child would not love to have a play house like that!
I would love to have one for myself too!!

Hugs,
Deb

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Oh, how sweet!
~Pernilla

Highland Monkey's said...

I wouldn't mind living there myself! Love it.

craftyles said...

I do remember that song! Those are such cute playhouses. I love both of them inside and out!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Oh my -- I want to LIVE in those cuties! But, I also know a certain little 6 year old who would love to have tea parties in it!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Yes, I am jealous over here too!! Adorable!

Margie said...

oh i'm so jealous (in a good way)! i would love to have an adorable little playhouse like that! i love that little grocery cart peaking out of the flowers! :)

leah mari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leah mari said...

This is so adorable!!

The Poet said...

Hello.
Visiting from You're Gonna Love It.

WoW! Such creativity. What little girl wouldn't have loads of fun in such a nice place? I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing.

Flowers In Your Hands

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh my gosh this is the most darling thing ever. My four year old would love having that to play in. Are any little girls going to play in it? Does she have grandgirls?

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

What a charming outdoor play space, Jann--I love the shutters, and adore green and lavender together inside!

Barbara F. said...

I almost missed this post, but was just at Elaine's blog where it was highlighted. So glad I got to see this. What a charming little cottage. Just adorable, and kudos to your friend, she is really really talented. xo

Suzan said...

Both play houses are adorable! I would love to know how she put up the sheet rock in her little house.

Art and Sand said...

I am in love with your playhouse!

Instagram