Because I CAN!

Hello, hope you are having a happy SundayYesterday afternoon we received a tiny bit of Spring rain.  Afterwards the sun came out to play.  I decided that I would give some of my yard art their annual Spring bath.

Today I wanted to  share one of my collections.  Why?  Because I can!  No, literally I mean I Can! 

I love and collect oil and gas cans.

IMG_0538

Most of them are housed in the garden.  Right now they look kind of stark just sitting out there.  Soon they will be nestled among blooming flowers.

It’s the tiniest things that make me love and want to buy each can.

Hubby thinks I’m crazy. But even he agreed that the OLSON can was a must have when our daughter, Kylee called and said she saw it in a store in AZ.

IMG_0537

Had to have this one because it was red!

IMG_0522

This one because of the shape and embossed writing.

IMG_0523

This one because, “why not?” lol!

IMG_0524

This one because it was small.

IMG_0525

Recently hubby and I went on a weekend trip to Idaho.  I spied this little oil can in an antique store.  He just grinned and shook his head when I said I wanted to buy it.  I mean look how cute it is and I love the red and grey color combination.

IMG_0518

Imagine his surprise when I told him that the lady behind the counter told me she collects oil cans too!

This can I bought at a yard sale last year for $2.  Isn’t it a sweet shade of blue?  Did you notice the tad of rusted patina on the bottom?

IMG_0520

My last mini can was given to me by my sil, Dustin.  When they were moving to AZ he asked me if I wanted it.  What’s not to want?  It even has a label.  Worn, yes; but still a label.

IMG_0521

Wish I could tell you that cans were the only thing I collect.  But oh no, you know me too well!

More collections to come.  Another one of my collections is a can too!  Here’s a hint, they hold water.  Like duh, might as well have just said it, right?

I would love to hear what you collect.

Leaving you with some photos of the Spring blooms in my garden.

(primroses transplanted from my spring pots each year come back and give a show)

IMG_0526

IMG_0540

(Pasque Flower, one of my earliest bloomers)

IMG_0539

(Lenton Rose)

Lenton rose

(sweet smelling Hyacinths)

Hiacynth collage

 

hugs,

Jann

I am sharing this post with:

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

27 comments

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,

Your can collection is just so fun and interesting! Made me think of my growing up years and all of those oil and gas cans that Dad had-you have incorporated them so well into your garden spots-Love these flowers, Jann!! I knew they'd be fab!
Sweet Hugs!
Jemma

RopeSouls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RopeSouls said...

I feel so honored that Dustin and I were both featured in this post! Such a great collection mom, but I have to say my favorite is the OLSON one!

Kylee at RopeSouls
www.ropesouls.com

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have an oil can...I need to take a pic and share. It is a small one, but I like them too!!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Great collection, Jann! Thanks for showing us :)

Jeanette

Beca said...

You have a wonderful collection of cans. I too enjoy collecting old weathered interesting things to use in my yard. Yours will look so pretty nestled among the flowers.

The Farmers Daughter said...

Well, you certainly have a 'can-do' attitude! lol Love it!
Dru

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love the pun, and the can. They look great in the garden, too.
Hugs,
Patti

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your blooms are so pretty. Nothing blooming here yet.
I have a few old cans too. I'll have to get them all together in a collection. Your's look great.

cynthia lee designs said...

What an awesome can collection!!
I collect white pitchers, sugar bucket, and yep...watering cans.
hugs,
Cindy

Our Neck of the Woods said...

What a neat collection! I just love all your pieces. I collect milk glass vases and also anything chicken related! :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your collection is fun and unique!

Anonymous said...

Hy Jann! Love your blog and your can collection.Very sweet the little red/grey oil can and I see what you mean for a good combination of colours.Hugs, Cristina
P.S. I love the other blog of yours too - because I LOVE sewing.

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a fun collection! I'm envious of how far ahead your flowers are but know a couple more weeks will bring some my way.

Irene Helms Designs said...

Love your can collection ... and your flowers are spectacular!
Irene

Art and Sand said...

What a fun collection.

I told my sister I want to go through my parents' garage one day and find treasures. I bet I could find one or two old old cans for my garden.

Lovely flowers in your garden.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann not only is this a really fun collection, but I love that you display it in your garden! What fun! I have so many collections but trying to downsize a little bit...hard to do for sure! I can't wait for more flowers!
hugs, Linda

priscilla said...

What a fun collection to decorate your garden ! Beautiful flowers !Have a great week :)

Unknown said...

Such a fun post! Love your can(s)!! ~~Angela

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What an interesting and beautiful collection.

Unknown said...

How cool to have found the Olson can! Love your collection :)

Rose L said...

I never would have expected a female to like oil cans!
There is a small package on its way to you! No cans.

Maria Elena said...

What a beautiful can collection! Your flowers look amazing! Love this time of the year!

Cynthia said...

Love this collection very nice and has character.

Cynthia

Jeannie said...

I love your can collection. I have a few. Actually, I a have a few of a lot of stuff...I mean collections. for what it's worth

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

After I got over cracking up in regards to "because I CAN" I enjoyed your collection. You are just a sweet nut! :)

Jen said...

Girl, I just discovered your blog and well... I moved into an old, old, farmhouse last fall down here in Central Utah (South of Richfield) and I am swiming in old cans! Every outbuilding is chuck full... lol -
Glad to see I'm not the only woman with a collection~!
Enjoy the wind that might be heading your way, if it hasn't already found you up there in Alpine...
Jen~
"Lace Crazy"

Instagram