Sleeping on the Beach. . .

Hello My friends,
lately the Mr. and I have been sleeping on the beach.
 
I know what you're thinking. . .that we're too old for such nonsense!
 
I must admit, it's something that two of our youngest kids have done, but not anything that I thought we would ever find ourselves doing.
 
That is,
until
 
I was at Home Goods one day , rounded a corner and spied these. . .
 
 
Sweet sheets that looked like navy blue sea shells on a beach of white sand.  They are so soft and on clearance to boot.

 
You know how I have decorated my kitchen table and
 family room mantle in a nautical theme.  Why not carry it over into our summer bedroom?


Who knew that sleeping on the beach could be so fun?  (wink)

 
Hubby and I did the shiplap wall in January.  I love the farmhouse feel it gave our room.  Farmhouse and beach, now that's a
curious mixture!

 
I don't remember taking this weird angled pic, but thought it was kind of fun.  I found the cute lamp at Hobby Lobby.  There are always birds hanging around the beach.

 
I painted our old brown sleigh bed with homemade white chalk paint a few years ago.  Still loving it!

 
Sleeping on the beach has been a delightful experience.  Every now and then I'll find a bit of sand in uncomfortable places.  lol!
 
Soon after I made the bed some seashells washed ashore.



I've always enjoyed gathering shells at the beach.
 

 
Well, I'm off to sleep.  But first, I'll enjoy a beautiful sunset I snapped on Carmel Beach.
 
 
 
hugs,
Jann
 
 
 
 

16 comments

Unknown said...

Wow! Sweet post, love your room!!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Love your summer bedroom even more now!

Kim said...

Gorgeous Summer room! Cool sheets...love the quilt! I think everyone should sleep on the beach at least once in their lives. =)

Susie said...

Jann, An old lady like me could certainly sleep at the beach in those cute sheets. I love them. Wish I had a Home Goods store near by. I was talking about sleeping porches this weekend, and I would love one of those. I like your mixture of red, white and blue, for summer. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Jeanie said...

Oh, your bedroom is like a summer song! I loved it before, all the more so now with those fabulous sheets! It's just a happy room. Why, it must even be fun to both go to bed and then make it up in the morning!

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, now that's my idea of "sleeping on the beach". LOL! Speaking of beach, my family of 12 will be spending 7 days on the beach at the end of July and I am counting down days. Love the summer look of your bedroom. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Salmagundi said...

Love the quilt ---- it steals the show!!!

Rose L said...

Great sheets and sleeping on the beach this way minus the sand is better! I so love your quilts!

happyone said...

I love the quilt on your bed and that sunset is beautiful.

Louca por porcelana said...

Loved your room!Really charming!Hugs!

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, I love your pretty beachy bed! It definitely reminds me of time at the beach. Perfectly beautiful!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm lovin' your beachy themed sheets, Jann, and your chalk painted headboard...sigh!!

Connie said...

My what a lovely and calming bedroom, love the sheets, love the lamp and total LOVE the quilt. Did you make it?
Happy Beach Combing.
Connie :)

Adrienne said...

Very nice! =)

Jackie said...

Love the summer look, so fun!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your new sheets! That navy and white is perfect in your room. They couldn't be a more perfect match with your quilt and pillows. I love fun colored sheets. I found aqua sheets for my bed for the summer....they don't match great in my room but who cares? We are sleeping on a cloud of AQUA!!

Instagram