Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Hi everyone, have I got a tour for you!

Last Monday I got to tour Marilyn Kofford’s yard.  She is a lady who lives up the road from me.  I recently learned that she grew up on a Lily Farm.  You know those kinds of farms that grow things and sale them in catalogs?  I think you’ll see that her father was a Lily master.

She has Lilies and Hostas in the 100’s.  Not so much anymore, but years past she has had Lily bus tours come,

This is a view of her home.  It was the first thing I saw as I walked through the gate into her 2 1/2 acre garden.  I really felt as though I was walking into the Garden of Eden.

IMG_7487

IMG_7488

This group of Hostas and Oak brush are on the outside of her gated home.

IMG_7535

Just inside the garden gate.

IMG_7533

She has so many gorgeous and unusual Lilies.  I don’t know how else to show them other than to throw in a group now and then throughout the post.

IMG_7532IMG_7531IMG_7530IMG_7526IMG_7520IMG_7514

An overall view of one of her garden areas.

IMG_7529

More Hostas along her drive.

IMG_7528

IMG_7500IMG_7513IMG_7512IMG_7511IMG_7509IMG_7508IMG_7507IMG_7501

She also had other beautiful pops of color.

IMG_7525

Lots of gorgeous Phlox.

IMG_7522

IMG_7523

IMG_7524

She said that her Lilies really were at the tail end.  Two weeks earlier they had been much fuller.  Can you imagine?  In the Spring this area is filled with wild poppies.

IMG_7521

She had some unusual perennials.  I loved both of these not so familiar daisies.

IMG_7503IMG_7504

This Coneflower was a bit different looking also.

IMG_7510

Aren’t these colors luscious?

IMG_7499IMG_7497IMG_7498IMG_7496IMG_7495IMG_7493

IMG_7518

An overview from up on the hill.

IMG_7519

IMG_7492

IMG_7491

This is a newly planted area.  She just started cutting back some of the branches from her pines.  Can you believe that these were those little $1.99 seedlings 30 years ago?

IMG_7490

IMG_7489

This gorgeous garden makes my little 1/3 acre look like nothing.  But guess what?  She said that every Fall she has to divide plants.  Guess who she’s gonna call?  Yup, “Won’t you be my neighbor?”

Hope you enjoyed the tour.  It was the hi-light of my day last week.

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Garden Party

28 comments

Kris said...

I bet!! What a lovely garden she has! Lucky you!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I want to be her neighbor, Oh it is just beautiful!!! She must work hours in her garden. Thank you so much for the GREAT pictures and tour!

Carol

Rob Hunt said...

Wow those lilies are beautiful everyone should have a neighbour like that thanks for sharing1

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

How lucky are you having her share her plants with you! They are beautiful.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

This is really beautiful. Thanks for showing us :-)

Linda W. said...

Wow! That yard is amazing!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Just wow.

Stunning. Thanks so much for sharing her lovely yard and home with us!

My garden is completely bleck in comparison!

Unknown said...

Wow... just... wow.. I adore this garden! The amounts of lilies is astounding, the lucky gal!!!

Hugs,

Linda said...

I love the lilies, but I am absolutely a NUT over hosta! Oh, what a thrill this would have been! A simply amazing, beautiful garden. Thank you for sharing it with us! And, please thank her when you see her again! It isn't often we get to "tour" such beautiful places!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Quite the assortment of beautiful daylilies!

andrea@townandprairie said...

Absolutely stunning! She must be a mster gardenerd herself. How wonderful to grow up on a lily farm! It must have been live heaven.

Jill said...

What a sanctuary - that is beautiful!!!

priscilla said...

Wow ! What a gorgeous garden , and lucky you to get some of the plants this fall !

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

My friend Dianne's name is written ALL OVER this post. I will be sharing it with my beautiful friend because it took my breath away. My Dad's yard used to look like this each year... Spectacular.

And congratulations on the future splendor neighbors will find in your yard. Provide oxygen tanks for the breathtaking-ness.

Lori E said...

I did, I did enjoy the garden tour. Makes me feel guilty about how little I have done in my own gardens lately.
Does she have help in that garden? It is so gorgeous.

Chenille Cottage said...

Paradise!! What a treat, Jann! So many daylilys in such amazing colors....What a dreamy and welcoming garden!
Thank you for sharing your eye popping adventure!
Blessings, my sweet friend,
Carolynn

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

OH my! what a nicely yard and home! Her perennial gardens are lovely! Makes me want to go out and create more for myself! Darn I wish I was younger!! LOL....
Thank-you for sharing this!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful yard! Love the flower beds!! But the size of this yard exhausts me just by looking at it.
It is a bit too large for the amount of time that we would have to devote to it....

Hugs,
Debbie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness, I for sure want to be her neighbor, so I can show up at her door every day, asking for some sugar, tea, lemonade..until she shots the door on my face, lol..gorgeus garden, an enchanted place to linger on a pretty sunny day! Thank you lovely lady for sharing.
FABBY

Stephanie said...

That is one spectacular garden. I now have garden envy. I would love to have some of those unusual daisies. Cool!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oooh, Aaaah. (Said like you do when you see fireworks.)Each picture just got more beautiful. I'd love to be her neighbor, too.

Deb @ Lavender Garden Cottage said...

Yes, I would be your neighbor! Beautiful home and gardens...just lovely!

Rose L said...

WOW! A dream of a garden! Next time go see it in spring!!

Larry said...

This is a lovely garden with some choice hemerocallis! Larry

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a sweet neighbor! One of mine has promised to share some peonies with me this fall. YAY!!!

I love your photos of the day lilies! So, so pretty!

Great tour! I enjoyed this post.

xo,
RJ

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
What a beautiful home and gardens!
Thanks for taking us with you on your garden tour...love all of the hostas. So lush and green!
All the Best,
Christine

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Garden of Eden INDEED! Ha! I would not have wanted to go home...I would have just wanted to camp out for a week or so! :)

Fishtail Cottage said...

what a fantastic sanctuary...sigh, Someday, right? i can appreciate all the work that goes into the garden that you were able to tour! thank you for sharing over here at this weeks garden party! i love that pink coneflower - did you snatch some seeds? xoxo

Instagram